Y Streetball is a free drop in basketball program available to the local North Melbourne community
North Melbourne Community Centre runs three Y Streetball sessions per week for people of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Tuesday 10:30am - 12:30pm (all abilities session)
- Tuesday 4:00pm - 6:00pm (adults session)
- Sunday 2:00pm - 4:00pm (adults session)
- Y Streetball participants must be over the age of 18.
- Participants do not require a set skill level or sports clothes to join in.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the games.
Streetball is a more free-flowing grassroots version of basketball.
Y Streetball was founded in March 2017 by YMCA volunteers Dave and Pete to support adults experiencing homelessness or disadvantage.
The program gives participants a place to blow off steam playing basketball, followed by a shower, a filling meal and a chance to socialise with new friends.
It was established through a partnership with YMCA Victoria and the City of Melbourne and based here at North Melbourne Community Centre.
Y Streetball has since grown into a vibrant community program that welcomes everyone.
Interested in participating or supporting Y Streetball?
Complete the contact form below if you'd like to speak with our team before attending a session, or if you'd like to support the program.