Our North Melbourne Centre membership gives you access to all of our facilities and a variety of programs that our centre has to offer. It also includes personally designed programming with qualified fitness professionals, ensuring you are set up for success.
- Centre membership is $19.40 per fortnight, with a $41.40 joining fee.
A 3 month term membership is also available for $157.30
Facilities and classes
With this membership you'll enjoy access to:
- Fully equipped gym
- Games room
- Personal Success Plan including a full induction process and access to ongoing tailored programming with our qualified trainers.
Personal Success Plan
The Personal Success Plan is designed around you, to help you reach your fitness goals. We’re pleased to be able to offer this complimentary service to all new gym members.
Your Personal Success Plan will kick-start with a one-hour one-on-one induction with a qualified trainer. Your trainer will listen to your goals and tailor a program to suit your needs and fitness level. You’ll receive:
- One-on-one consultation and goals session with a qualified trainer
- Complete body composition tracking
- Full fitness program tailored to your fitness goals
- A second 30 minute follow-up appointment to assess your progress and adjust your program
- A third one-hour session with a qualified instructor to re-assess your fitness and progress your program
You can book your Personal Success Plan appointments in person at the gym or at reception.
Seminars and events
- Nutrition seminars
- Monthly member events
- 10% off merchandise
- YMCA Victoria 10 Pass Card, giving you reciprocal rights when visiting our other facilities in Victoria
Kensington Banks Tennis Courts
Membership for the Kensington Banks Tennis Courts now available to purchase from North Melbourne Community Centre. For just $8.20 per week and a $47 joining fee you can enjoy unlimited tennis.
Register your interest
How to Join
The best way to join is by visiting our North Melbourne Community Centre.
We'll work with you to meet your health and fitness needs, ask you about personal goals and help you create a fitness program that keeps you motivated.
We'll get you to fill out a:
- membership application form
- direct debit form, to pay your fees.
YMCA 10 Pass Card
When you become a member, you also receive a YMCA Members card. Valid for 12 months, this card gives you ten complimentary visits to any participating YMCA Victoria managed facility in Victoria, so you can keep working towards your fitness goals even when you're not near our centre.
We've invested in our centre, our people and the right tools to help you smash your goals. Whether you want to lose weight or learn to swim, we're here to get you on the right track.
Paying Membership Fees
Pay fortnightly, by direct debit
Usually, memberships are paid fortnightly by direct debit. You can pay from any of your accounts that allow direct debit, including a credit card account.
Debits are made every second Thursday (or the following business day if it's a public holiday). It may take a few days for the debit to show on your account.
To arrange a fortnightly direct debit or a 6-month payment, contact customer service at the centre.
If you have any questions about payment, please contact us.
Your obligations with direct debit
You must ensure that you:
- have enough money in your account on the direct debit date, and up to 5 days after
- make any changes to your direct debit details at least 48 hours before a payment is due
- request in writing if you want us to stop your direct debits, and give us 14 days' written notice if you want to cancel your membership
If your direct debit fails we will:
- notify you by SMS, email or post - so make sure you keep your contact details up to date
- charge a $10 administration fee
- ask you to pay the outstanding amount at your next visit to the centre, or add it to your next direct debt.
We will continue to debit your account for any amounts outstanding, after making reasonable efforts to contact you.
Changes to fees and other membership conditions
We will give you at least 28 days' written notice of any changes to membership fees.
We reserve the right to change other membership conditions, including opening hours, services and facilities.
Suspending or Cancelling Memberships
Suspending your membership
You can suspend your membership for a minimum of two weeks, and up to 26 weeks. To do this you must:
- fill out an amendment form at the centre
- lodge the form at least 3 business days before the start of your suspension.
You will pay $5 per week while your membership is suspending, except for the first 4 weeks in any calendar year.
To suspend your membership on medical grounds, you must provide a valid medical certificate covering the relevant dates. We cannot backdate a medical suspension beyond 1 month.
You will not pay any fees during a medical suspension.
Cancelling your membership
You must give us 14 days' notice in writing to cancel your membership. You must pay all outstanding fees before you can cancel. Credits on your account are not refundable.
We recommend you contact your bank to confirm the cancellation of direct debit membership payments.